We are currently looking for a Media and Communications Assistant to start in August 2019
Are you passionate about using the power of digital, visual and written media to drive social change? Then this internship could be for you. We are looking for someone who wants to combine a flair for photography, video and design with a talent for managing social media, blogs and newsletters to join our team as Communications Assistant.
You will be working with the Development and Communications Coordinator to form a key part of our core communications campaigns. As well as managing key communications channels, such as our social media, blogs, newsletters and our online presence, you will be working on creative campaigns and producing high-quality written and visual content.
Read a testimonial from a past Communications and Development intern, Elise, here.
- Manage social media channels, monthly newsletter and blog
- Photograph and film key events and activities in the community where we work
- Produce marketing videos to support communications and fundraising campaigns
- Produce high-quality visual content for HOOP using editing software
- Help plan and create exciting communications campaigns
- Assist in written work for other projects such as the website, reports, grant proposals etc.
- Fluent in English
- Educational or professional background in Marketing and Communications, International Development or a related field preferred
- Experience managing social media for groups/organisations
- Photography, videography and graphic design skills, including using editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or Premiere Pro
- Good internal communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent standard of written English
- Good time management, commitment, reliability, and the ability to coordinate a range of different projects at the same time
- Intermediate Spanish preferred
What we offer
- Further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment.
- Gain experience working in the NGO sector and learn about issues in international development
- One-to-one mentoring by the Communications and Development Coordinator
- A structured personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly throughout your placement
- A reference upon successful completion of your placement
Unfortunately as a very small organisation we are not able to offer pay or other benefits. Interns, like our volunteers, must pay a one-off admin fee of $250. For information on what this admin fee covers, go to www.hoopperu.org/faq
Based at: HOOP Office, Avenida Pumacahua 109, Cerro Colorado, Arequipa, Peru and Flora Tristan English School, Flora Tristan, Villa Fontana, Arequipa, Peru.
Minimum time commitment: Four months (up to six months preferred)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, six hours per day (plus one hour for lunch), plus occasional ad-hoc hours in evenings or weekends relating to HOOP’s local fundraising events or HOOP activities
Position reports to: Communications and Development Coordinator
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com