We are looking for Fundraising and Development assistant from March 2020
Have you got what it takes to be HOOP’s new Fundraising and Development Assistant? We’re looking for a dynamic individual to work alongside our coordinator of Fundraising to assist in developing and implementing fundraising campaigns, researching and writing grant proposals, managing and organising fundraising events, liaising with current and former volunteers, and maintaining relations with donors.
You must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, think outside the box and bring fresh ideas to the role, prioritise your workload, maintain good relations with others, and work to tight deadlines. If you fit the bill then get in contact with us, and gain invaluable international development experience in a hard-working and exciting NGO in Arequipa, Peru.
- Research funding opportunities both locally and internationally
- Write grant proposals
- Help to organise and manage fundraising events
- Liaise with current and former volunteers
- Maintain relations with donors
- Assist in writing reports
- Advanced English skills
- Intermediate Spanish skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in fundraising and event management
- Experience on working in developing countries
- Finished or advanced studies in Administation, International Development, International Relations or a related field mandatory
What we offer:
- Further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment
- Gain experience working in the non-profit sector and learn about key issues in international development
- One-to-one mentoring by the Fundraising Coordinator
- A structured personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly throughout your placement
- A reference upon successful completion of your placement
Unfortunately as a very small organisation we are not able to offer pay or other benefits. Interns, like our volunteers, must pay a one-off admin fee of $250. For information on what this admin fee covers, go to www.hoopperu.org/faq
Based at: HOOP Office, Avenida Pumacahua 109, Cerro Colorado, Arequipa, Peru and Flora Tristán English School, Flora Tristán, Villa Fontana, Arequipa, Peru.
Minimum time commitment: Four months (up to six months preferred)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, six hours per day (plus one hour for lunch), plus occasional ad-hoc hours in evenings or weekends relating to HOOP’s local fundraising events or HOOP activities.
Position reports to: Funraising Coordinator
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com