We are looking for a Fundraising and Development Assistant from August 2019.
Have you got what it takes to be HOOP’s new Fundraising and Development Assistant? We’re looking for a dynamic individual to work alongside our coordinator of Communications and Development to assist in developing and implementing fundraising campaigns, researching and writing grant proposals, managing and organising fundraising events, liaising with current and former volunteers, and maintaining relations with donors.
You must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, think outside the box and bring fresh ideas to the role, prioritise your workload, maintain good relations with others, and work to tight deadlines. If you fit the bill then get in contact with us, and gain invaluable international development experience in a hard-working and exciting NGO in Arequipa, Peru.
- Research funding opportunities both locally and internationally
- Write grant proposals
- Develop and implement new fundraising campaigns
- Organise and manage fundraising events
- Liaise with current and former volunteers
- Maintain relations with donors
- Assist in writing reports
- Fluent in English
- Basic to intermediate Spanish skills or a willingness to learn
- Previous fundraising and experience desirable
- Team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and work to deadlines
- Experience managing events
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment, responsibility, reliability, and the ability to coordinate a range of different projects at the same time
- Educational or professional background in International Development, International Relations, or a related field preferred
What we offer:
- Further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment.
- Gain experience working in the non-profit sector and learn about key issues in international development
- One-to-one mentoring by the Director of Communications and Development
- A structured personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly throughout your placement
- A reference upon successful completion of your placement
Unfortunately as a very small organisation we are not able to offer pay or other benefits. Interns, like our volunteers, must pay a one-off admin fee of $250. For information on what this admin fee covers, go to www.hoopperu.org/faq
Based at: HOOP Office, Avenida Pumacahua 109, Cerro Colorado, Arequipa, Peru and Flora Tristán English School, Flora Tristán, Villa Fontana, Arequipa, Peru.
Minimum time commitment: Four months (up to six months preferred)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, six hours per day (plus one hour for lunch), plus occasional ad-hoc hours in evenings or weekends relating to HOOP’s local fundraising events or HOOP activities
Position reports to: Communications and Development Coordinator
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org