We are currently looking for a Program Assistant to start in January 2019.
As HOOP’s Program Assistant you will become an integral part to the development and management of HOOP’s projects, from strategic planning of the NGO’s activities, organising health outreach programs to reporting on the impact of our education program.
This is a varied role requiring good organisation, hard work, and a passion for reducing systemic inequality through a small but impactful education and community project in Peru. Find out more about some of the programs you will be working on at www.hoopperu.org/programs.
- Contribute to the improvement and development of our program areas, including education, health, nutrition, hygiene and business classes.
- Research new program areas.
- Impact reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Research and organisation of community outreach initiatives e.g. health days, workshops addressing issues in the community.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and weekly volunteer coordination meetings.
- Approachable and personable to build effective relationships with the HOOP team, volunteers and the community where we work.
- Good time management and ability to organise your workload effectively.
- Ability to manage, process and present data for evaluation using software such as Microsoft Excel.
- Creative and resourceful, to be able to work in a development environment with limited resources.
- Flexibility to demonstrate the ability to respond to frequently changing needs of the organization and community.
- Commitment to the mission of HOOP and achieving the project vision.
- Fluent English.
- Upper intermediate to advanced Spanish preferred.
What we offer:
- Further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment.
- Gain experience working in the NGO sector and learn about issues in international development.
- One-to-one mentoring by the Director.
- A structured personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly throughout your placement.
- A reference upon successful completion of your placement.
Unfortunately as a very small organisation we are not able to offer pay or other benefits. Interns, like our volunteers, must pay a one-off admin fee of $250. For information on what this admin fee covers, go to www.hoopperu.org/faq
Based at: HOOP Office, Avenida Pumacahua 109, Cerro Colorado, Arequipa, Peru
Minimum time commitment: four months (preferably six months),
Working hours: Monday to Friday, six hours per day (plus one hour for lunch), plus occasional ad-hoc hours in evenings or weekends relating to HOOP’s local fundraising events
Position reports to: Director
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com