We are currently looking for a Project Assistant to start in August 2019.
HOOP is expanding and we need a hand for all of our different projects! We are looking for a hard working Project Assistant who shares our passion for Community Development. As an intern at HOOP you will be involved directly in all of our projects. You will be working alongside our Project Coordinator, helping out in our various Education, Social Work and Psychology Projects.
We are looking for an intern that can work under pressure, is well organized with good time management capabilities, and doesn’t hesitate to go beyond his/her responsibilities. HOOP has a lot of room to grow, we are just waiting for you.
- Assist in the organization of medical campaigns, ranging from getting contacts, coordinating the logistics of the campaign, to evaluating and analysing the operation.
- Create new partnerships with those who are interested in the mission of HOOP in order to obtain different agreements.
- Research and prepare proposals for national and international scholarships for HOOP students between the ages of 14 and 16 years old.
- Help with the HOOP school registration process, and create a database for both children and their families.
- Collaborate with the environmental project with the selection of organic waste, composting with worms, making of hummus, and the creation of eco-bricks for the community.
- Collaborate with the Leadership project that aims to provide the mothers with different empowerment and growth tools so they can become leaders in our community.
- Fluent in English.
- Advanced level in Spanish.
- Educational or professional background in International Development, Public Management, or a related field preferred.
- Experience organising activities, events or health campaigns.
- Knowledge and work experience in other NGOs with children, women and young people.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good time management and ability to organize workload effectively.
- Approachable and personable to build effective relationships with the HOOP team, volunteers and the community where we work.
- Ability to make decisions quickly when needed and resolve any conflicts.
- Proactive, creative and risk-taking abilities.
- Good teamwork and public speaking skills.
- Empathy, understanding and cultural sensitivity when working in the community.
- Commitment to the mission of HOOP and achieving the project vision.
- A positive attitude and a big smile!
What we offer:
- Further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment.
- Gain experience working in the NGO sector and learn about issues in international development.
- One-to-one mentoring by the Project Coordinator.
- A structured personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly throughout your placement.
- A reference upon successful completion of your placement.
Unfortunately, as a very small organisation, we are not able to offer pay or other benefits. Interns, like our volunteers, must pay a one-off admin fee of $250. For information on what this admin fee covers, go to www.hoopperu.org/faq
Based at: HOOP Office, Avenida Pumacahua 109, Cerro Colorado, Arequipa, Peru and Flora Tristan English School, Flora Tristan, Villa Fontana, Arequipa, Peru.
Minimum time commitment: Four months (preferably six months).
Working hours: Monday to Friday, six hours per day (plus one hour for lunch), plus occasional ad-hoc hours in evenings or weekends relating to HOOP’s local fundraising events
Position reports to: Project Coordinator
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com