We are looking for a Social Work Assistant from July 2017.
As HOOP’s Social Work Assistant, you will form a key part of HOOP’s Social Work team. You will be involved in managing and assisting in HOOP’s wide-ranging social services in the community, including attending and assisting at group meetings and workshops, case work and management, networking with public institutions and back-office activities such as analysing data, writing reports and organising materials.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualification in social work (or working towards it) required.
- Experience working with vulnerable people.
- Fluent or intermediate Spanish speaker.
- Fluent in English.
- Good data analysis and statistical skills, and good knowledge of basic data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel.
- Enjoy working both in the field as well as in the office.
- Be a reliable and punctual member of the team, while remaining flexible with your work time to meet the demands of the social work program.
- Good team-working skills.
- Empathy, understanding and cultural sensitivity.
- Research, plan and attend community workshops.
- Attend home visits with the Social Worker.
- Always act professionally, with the utmost respect for the families we work with, and maintain professional confidentiality at all times.
- Create and implement community surveys.
- Analyze and evaluate survey data, and write up social reports.
- Assist the Social Worker by giving constructive feedback and ideas on HOOP’s Social Work programs.
What we offer
- One-to-one mentoring by the Social worker coordinator
- Further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment.
- Gain experience working in social work in in the non-profit sector and learn about community issues in international development.
- Experience the case management and improve your report writing and data analysis skills.
- Gain a deeper understanding of a different culture.
- A structured personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly throughout your placement.
- A reference upon successful completion of your placement.
Unfortunately as a very small organization we are not able to offer pay or other benefits. Interns, like our volunteers, must pay a one-off admin fee of $250. For information on what this admin fee covers, go to www.hoopperu.org/faq
Based at: HOOP Office, Quinta Gamero B-2, Cayma, Arequipa, Peru and Flora Tristan English School, Flora Tristan, Villa Fontana, Arequipa, Peru.
Minimum time commitment: four months (up to six months possible),
Working hours: Monday to Friday, six hours per day (plus one hour for lunch), plus occasional ad-hoc hours in evenings or weekends relating to HOOP’s local fundraising events
Position reports to: Social Worker
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com